Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives
by Gretchen Rubin
Review by Amazon:
Bad habits can wreck you, great habits can make you. So how do you build the habits that fuel a great life, and eliminate the ones that take you down?
Gretchen Rubin’s answer: through habits. Habits are the invisible architecture of everyday life. It takes work to make a habit, but once that habit is set, we can harness the energy of habits to build happier, stronger, more productive lives.
If habits are a key to change, then what we really need to know is: How do we change our habits?
Better than Before answers that question. It presents a practical, concrete framework to allow readers to understand their habits—and to change them for good. Infused with Rubin’s compelling voice, rigorous research, and easy humor, and packed with vivid stories of lives transformed, It explains the (sometimes counter-intuitive) core principles of habit formation.
Rubin asks questions that other writers and researchers tend to ignore:
• Why do I find it tough to create a habit for something I love to do?
• Sometimes I can change a habit overnight, and sometimes I can’t change a habit, no matter how hard I try. Why?
• How quickly can I change a habit?
• What can I do to make sure I stick to a new habit?
• How can I help someone else change a habit?
• Why can I keep habits that benefit others, but can’t make habits that are just for me?
Reading just a few chapters of Better Than Before will make readers eager to start work on their own habits—even before they’ve finished the book.
learn about this Book here