What is “Essentialism” ?
with Ana Melikian
Ana is the host of the MINDSET ZONE podcast and the Director of Education for the Book Yourself Solid® School of Coach Training.
She loves to help service based businesses grow. She has a soft-spot in her heart for self-employed professionals who are great at what they do, yet hate to market and sell.
She does her best work with people who are purpose-driven, creative, self-aware, lifelong learners, and determined to walk their talk.
She’s also passionate about speaking to organizations who know how important it is to foster a culture of personal growth.
To conclude my series of podcast episodes about the importance of “Focusing”, I was honored to interview Greg McKeown, author of the New York Times Best Seller Book – Essentialism: the Disciplined Pursuit of Less.
Greg has taught at companies that include Apple, Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Salesforce, and Pixar.
He is also an amazing keynote speaker that I had the opportunity to meet at the ICON15– The InfusionSoft Annual Conference held in Phoenix, Arizona.
Here are some of the topics we spoke about:
•What is “Essentialism”?
• Information and opinion overload
• Emails in mobile devices as a distraction
• Discern between the vital few and the trivial many
• Becoming an essentialist is not an event, it’s a process
• Importance of pressing the pause button
• Small changes produce big results
• The power of a short breathing exercise
• The paradox of success
• Essentialism is not one more thing
• Essentialism is a journey
•Three Simple Daily Practices to Become an Essentialist:
1.Press the pause button – Breath slowly for 3 breaths
2.Top Six Priorities – Focus on the first one: The Priority
3.Write Down Five Successful Trade-offs and Celebrate that
Listen in here